Best way to travel Europe in 2 weeks, is it possible? Yes, it is possible for me, here I’ll share my recommendation for you.
When the earth began to be noisy because of the promo ticket to Europe worth 5 million by two Middle East full-service airlines: Qatar and Etihad, in November 2015. Immediately I made an impulse purchase of Kuala Lumpur-Amsterdam and Rome-Jakarta tickets. I don’t know what constitutes the choice of the route, the most important thing is that I can set foot in Europe in June next year. Maybe that’s the best way to travel Europe in 2 weeks.
Somewhat bet is traveling to Europe for 15 days. Especially with the status of office workers. Will my leave later be approved seems to be a later matter? At least cheap airline tickets are already in hand. Moreover, a 15-day work leave is still within reasonable limits. And 15 days is the ideal number of days to enjoy Europe. Not too short, not too long, and not too expensive.
Western Europe, Eastern Europe, or Southern Europe
Then where will you go while in Europe? Do you want to take the mainstream routes of Western Europe, exotic routes of Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean routes of Southern Europe, or a combination of all three? Here the consideration of budget and personal preference is the main determinant of the route of travel.
After doing research that is not short. This is my Best Way To Travel Europe In 2 Weeks that I recommended. Western Europe is not a cheap destination for residents of third world countries. But that’s where there are many excellent cities in the world that everyone knows. Whereas Eastern Europe and Southern Europe both offer unusual uniqueness but are relatively more affordable.
However, its feel too absurd. Already far away in Amsterdam, it’s a shame if you don’t all go to Paris. Although nothing is expensive in Western Europe, but can still be overcome with a long stay not too long. Then, after Paris, I was a little worried about continuing the journey to Spain and ending in Italy. Or turn towards Germany then go down to Switzerland and Italy.
After calculating, it turns out that there are not a few costs that must be spent on transportation to move countries in Europe. Although there is a Eurorail Global Pass still the fall is not cheap because it coincides with the peak season where prices are rising and again I am not under 26 years old. While budget airlines promo prices are sometimes even cheaper if ordered in advance. Also, the price of a million bus tickets for Megabus who often offer low prices, even up to one euro one way.
Seeing some airline promo tickets from Paris to Southern Europe, the idea came to spend the rest of the day in Europe by visiting the Mediterranean country. Starting from Santorini and Athens in Greece then going to Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, and ending in Rome. Indeed, the route I chose was a little unusual, but after the itinerary was finished, I was completely satisfied with the results. Both in terms of costs, time efficiency, and the uniqueness and characteristics of each place visited.
The Details: Best Way To Travel Europe In 2 Weeks
- 1st Day: Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur by AirAsia / Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam by Etihad Airlines / Amsterdam (Museumplein, Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Dam Square)
- 2nd Day: Amsterdam (Zaanse Schans, Volendam, Amsterdam Central, Bloemenmarkt, Albert Cuypstraat)
- 3rd Day: Amsterdam to Paris by Megabus
- 4th Day: Paris (Chateau de Versailles, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Basilica Sacre Cour, Montmartre)
- 5th Day: Paris (Musee du Louvre, Notre Dame, Opera, Lafayette Gallery, Pont Alexander III Bridge, Invalides, Musee d’Orsay)
- 6th Day: Paris to Santorini by Aegean Airlines
- 7th Day: Santorini (Fira, Oia)
- 8th Day: Santorini (Fira, Firostefani)
- 9th Day: Santorini (Fira, Perissa) / Santorini to Athens by Blues Star Ferries
- 10th Day: Athens (Piraeus, Acropolis, Syntagma Square, Monastiraki, Flea Market, Temple of Zeus, Plaka, Anafiotika, Metro Mall)
- 11th Day: Athens to Rome by Ryan Air / Rome to Florence by Trenitalia
- 12th Day: Firenze to Pisa by Trenitalia / Pisa to Cinque Terre by Trenitalia / Cinque Terre to Firenze by Trenitalia
- 13th Day: Firenze to Rome by Trenitalia
- 14th Day: Rome (the Vatican, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza del Popolo, Piazza di Trevi, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Colosseum)
- 15th Day: Rome to Jakarta by Etihad Airlines
So far, it’s the best way to travel Europe in 2 Weeks for me. It’s whatever your choice to do. And Happy Holidays.